Kale & Sweet Potato Hash
For this recipe, I pair kale with my love for sweet potatoes creating a healthy vegetarian dish that pleases your taste buds and your colon.
The fiber-rich vegetables in this dish promote healthy digestion and colon health.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups kale, stems removed/chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, julienned (matchstick size) (about 1 large potato)
- 3 tbsp onions, diced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced (2-3 cloves)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp course ground pepper
- Melt coconut oil in pan on medium heat. Saute onions for about 30 seconds.
- Then add sweet potatoes, garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Add another tbsp of oil and lower heat a little if potatoes start to stick to the pan.
- Add kale and cook covered, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes reach desired softness. Kale should still be bright green (not dark & wilty).
- Add extra sea salt and pepper if desired, and serve warm!