see more news
Colon Cancer Awareness is an All-Year-Round Celebration
Thank you for your support of Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Now that we’ve done all this work to educate and screen so many friends and family members, it’s probably time to just sit back, relax, and coast until next March, right? Actually, nothing could be further from the truth! Thanks to all your hard work and dedication, we can keep the spirit of Colon Cancer Awareness Month going strong throughout the year. You have risen to the occasion and surpassed our expectations, and we cannot thank you enough for:
- scheduling colonoscopies for family members
- making appointments for your own colon screenings
- offering to be a caregiver by driving a loved one to and from a colonoscopy procedure
- spreading the word about colon cancer through social media and word of mouth
Let’s keep the momentum going and lean further into our mission to stamp out colon cancer. You may wonder what you can do between now and next March to maintain enthusiasm. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Find colon cancer organizations in your local area and inquire about how you can participate and volunteer.
- Organize your own 5K race to spread awareness and raise funds for colon cancer research.
- Attend programming at local hospitals and medical centers about GI health and disease prevention.
- Give us a “like” on Facebook and follow our page. You can share our posts on your own page.
- Use the resources on our website like flyers and videos and share them with others.
Together, let’s keep the spirit of Colon Cancer Awareness going until next March!
posted on April 28, 2017 in news